This new qualification has been recently endorsed by the National Skills Standards Council and has been uploaded to the national training system.
This qualification is designed to meet the needs of assessors operating under the Nationwide House Energy Rating Scheme (NatHERS).
Potential users of this qualification include NatHERS assessors, enterprises, government agencies, industry regulatory bodies, community organisations, building designers, architects and other building professionals associated with residential building thermal performance.
Prices to complete the qualification start from $1500. Conditions apply.
Details of the various packages available will be released shortly.
By recognising current skills, assessors will be able to select the option that best suits them to complete the additional training required to obtain the new qualification.
The training will be delivered over a minimum 3 month period in 5 modules.
- CPPHSA4014A – Meet regulatory requirements when completing NatHERS assessments
- CPPCMN4008A – Read and extract information from plans, drawings and specifications for residential buildings
- CPPHSA4016A – Advise on options for enhancing thermal performance of residential buildings
- CPPHSA4011A – Collect information to support NatHERS assessment
NatHERS Technology Skills 1 & 2
- CPPHSA4020A – Operate computer systems to support NatHERS assessment
- CPPHSA4012A – Conduct NatHERS assessment of planned residential buildings
NatHERS Building Assessment
- CPPHSA4001A – Assess household energy use
- CPPHSA4003A – Assess household water use
- CPPHSA4004A – Assess thermal performance of existing residences using non-rating tools and techniques
- CPPHSA4013A – Conduct NatHERS assessment of existing residential buildings
- CPPHSA4015A – Assess impact of building elements on thermal performance of residential buildings
- CPPHSA4017A – Cost measures to improve thermal performance of residential buildings
NatHERS Business Management
- CPPHSA4018A – Manage own work, professional development and ethical behaviour
- BSBRSK401A – Identify risk and apply risk management processes
- CPPACC4015A – Follow site occupational health and safety requirements
- CPPCMN4004B – Facilitate effective client relationships
- CPPCMN3004A – Respond to enquiries and complaints
If you have already achieved a Certificate IV in Home Sustainability Assessment (CPP41110) you may be eligible for a credit transfer as a number of the units of competency are the same in both qualifications.
TO BE ELIGIBLE TO UNDERTAKE THE SKILLS ASSESSMENT YOU MUST HAVE COMPLETED A BUILDING THERMAL PERFORMANCE ASSESSMENT SOFTWARE TRAINING PROGRAM IN BERS PRO, FIRSTRATE5 OR ACCURATE.
You would also meet the eligibility criteria if you currently hold a 91318NSW qualification – Short Course in Building Thermal Performance (Residential).
You could achieving recognition of competency in a number of these units now in preparation of the release of the Certificate IV in NatHERS Assessment.